Comcast continues to interupt...

Comcast continues to interrupt it's cable modem service in Macomb County, and apparently in Oakland County as well. These are not outages cause by storms, or power outages. It appears they have been making changes to their system, at our expense.

Bill Crocker

Reply to
Bill Crocker
Loading thread data ...

Do you have the new upgraded speeds yet? If not that is what they are doing. Here in Woodbridge Virginia we got the speed increase last year but now there are other issues and the system has been erratic for a week. With such a HUGE network it is not suprising!

Reply to
f/fgeorge

| Comcast continues to interrupt it's cable modem service in Macomb County, | and apparently in Oakland County as well. These are not outages cause by | storms, or power outages. It appears they have been making changes to their | system, at our expense. | | Bill Crocker |

If they are short there is nothing you can do. If they are long, get a pro-rata refund.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

I know that they have been upgrading their SD signals the past couple of weeks, and warnings went out that there may be a short service disruption. I don't know if this transfers to the ISP side of the signal, though there were messages on the digital boxes.... and now a more watchable picture on larger HD sets.

Reply to
L Alpert

Yes, we've had the higher speed for several months.

Bill Crocker

Reply to
Bill Crocker

Well, if it's in the name of improvement, I guess I'll lay low.

Bill Crocker

Reply to
Bill Crocker

Well, of course, I can't say for sure that the upgrade correlates to the outages, just point out the timing means it is a probability.

I will take the better picture though!

Reply to
L Alpert

Do you need to up grade a new cable modem to obtain the higher speed?

Reply to
Trx

What is the equipment supplyer at Comcast?

Reply to
Trx

Reply to
f/fgeorge

No. In fact, I'm using a Linksys BEFCMU10, which is only DOCSIS 1.0. I was going to buy a new Motorola that was DOCSIS 2.0. Comcast told me I would gain nothing by doing so.

Bill Crocker

Reply to
Bill Crocker

Bill switch to WOW you will a lot happier :-)) Omar

Reply to
Omar©

My old modem (SB 3100) would top out at 1.5 with the new speeds from Comcast. I upgraded to a SB5100 and now get the full 4.0 and then some....

Reply to
L Alpert

I had a Surfboard 4100 - which would do the 4 mbps silver service, but would not do the 6 mbps of the gold service. I got a new Linksys BEFCMU10 Cable Modem and I am getting the 6 mbps down and 768 kbps up.

Reply to
riggor99999

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.