Help.. Soncwall firewall slows my Comcast to a crawl...?!

Check your intrusion settings on the firewall. Logging each and every intrusion will slow your effective speed to a crawl if minor, unimportant intrusions are logged continuously, since there are untold numbers of minor intrusions (port scans, etc) per second.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar
Loading thread data ...

Try powering down both the router and the modem, leaving the modem off for a minute. Power up the modem, and when it is booted completely, power up the router. See if that helps as it sometimes does when changing the equipment connected to the router. The router should be set up for DHCP on the WAN (Comcast) side, not a static IP, also, unless you have paid for the business-class account.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

I just upgraded to Comcast from DSL. The Comcast line was tested fine at 2.8MB/bps download (without Sonicwall) connected directly to the cable modem, but when I put the computers behind the Sonicwall SOHO2 firewall, it slows to 200kbs!

I can't figure out why?! Anybody heard of this problem?

-James

Reply to
James Wong

thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try. but I don't think that's the problem because I had the exact same settings when I had DSL and I had pretty good speed (1.5Mbs). I only change the IP address and nothing else on the firewall.

-James

Reply to
James Wong

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.