Connecting printer to a SMC 7004ABR

We 've got a SMC 7004ABR EU V.2 Barricade 4-port Broadband Router with Built-in Print Server, That is up and running for a local network and is also connected (WAN) to the ISP. Now we are trying to connect the HP Deskjet 815C printer to the router, following the manual in the router manual. I've connected the printer to the router and in the advanced setup window of the router i can see "status printer: OK". Trying to install the Printer port monitor on a Windows XP machine i don't get an error, but it doesn't install anything either.

Is there anyone who successfully installed a printer on a similar SMC router without the printer port monitor software? Which software should i use or configuration should i use.

Can anyone direct me to a page where i can download a "recent" version of the SMC printer port monitor software.

Thanks in advance,

Lou B.

Reply to
Lou Basch
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.