Network printer?

Thanks in advance.

I have a problem with the installation of a network printer via wireless. I have run into this one other time and because a wire was available, I didn't troubleshoot it.

I have a wireless connection that can not find the printer. If I use a wire, it finds it.

Operating system - XP computer - Toshiba laptop Printer - Dell Network printer Network - Workgroup(no domain or server)

Dave H.

Reply to
DH
Loading thread data ...

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:06:21 GMT, "DH" troubleshoot it.

Is part of our challenge guessing the network hardware and topology? ;)

Reply to
John Navas

Sorry, the Dell network printer is on a workgroup network with a static ip. All computers are running XP. I am trying to install that printer onto a laptop with a wireless connection. During the installation, the software searches for the printer. If it connected with a wire, it will find it. If I am only connected via the wireless, it won't find it. I can ping the printer with both connections.

Dave H.

Reply to
DH

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:18:58 GMT, "DH" wrote in :

That's a bit better, but you're still leaving a lot of things out.

Have you turned off all encryption on the wireless network, and disabled all firewalls?

Is the PC in the same subnet on wireless as on wired?

Reply to
John Navas

Thank you for your response. I have brought down all firewalls. I have not tried to bring down the wireless security. Both the printers and computer are on the same subnet regardless of wired or wireless. I'll loose the security and try it.

Dave H.

Reply to
DH

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.