Power line bridge?

Two X10 applaince modules refused to respond to on or off commands last night. Tried turning off and on all kinds of things with no change. This morning they both work properly. Again tried on and off on various items that were running last night with no effect. No 220v appliances were running. Didn't think to try turning on a 220v appliance!

Suspected last night that I probably needed a bridge on the power lines but now wonder if it could be some kind of interference from one of the neighbors? I have a total of 9 appliance/lamp modules outside and inside, running christmas lights, and only these two (on the same circuit) are giving trouble. Don't know what phases they are on as this is my first christmas in this house.

What is in a bridge? I have some .01mf 1000v ceramic capacitors.. Would one across the two phases do the job?

Will try turning on the electric stove oven and or the electric dryer if it happens again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Spence
Loading thread data ...

Try the 220V appliance first. If that doesn't affect the two problem modules look for an appliance that is only on when the problem is present. It could be either causing noise or attenuating the X-10 100kHz.

Some folks have used 0.1µF/600V capacitor as a bridge. I'd suggest us>Two X10 applaince modules refused to respond to on or off commands last

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.