Does D-Link DI624 router have a lot of issues?

Hello!

It seems like a lot of people here and in Broadband Reports' D-Link forum

formatting link
have problems with this DI624 router. Is it me or does this router (revision A) have a lot of issues?

In my personal experience, I have seen: 1) random reboots (shown in logs too; fixed most of them because of enabled KAD from eMule), 2) unable to let me in its 192.168.0.1 (happened once so far; had to reboot router), and 3) some packet losses EVEN if the signal is at 80-90% range.

I only had been using it for about a week. So far, I am not impressed with it. :(

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
ANTant
Loading thread data ...

I got rid of mine. No range, no reliable connection. I bought Belkin's Pre-N. Lifetime warranty. Now, I'm a happy camper.

Reply to
Fitz

No range? Hmm... Unreliable connections sound like my issue.

Fitz wrote:

Reply to
ANTant

Other than the fact that the DI-624 doesn't support AES cipher, I have no problems with mine. I have version C and its performance is excellent.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

I also had version "C" but couldn't get a signal greater than 50% across the room (distance about 20 feet). No interfering appliances, e.g cordless phones, nearby. I live in a single residence, kind of isolated from neighbors. By the way, I wasn't using WEP or anything.

Trying to link to a computer downstairs (straight line about 40 feet), signal strength no greater than 10%. Bought D-Link Range Extender, no significant improvement. Bought D-Link's high gain antenna to go with the range extender gave me an additional 5-10% strength, but ultimately not worth the cost.

Since I have VOIP, putting the VOIP box behind the router just failed miserably from all the dropouts. I wound up putting it in front of the router just to have reliable phone connections but finally got rid of it in favor of the Pre-N. I gotta say, for me, the Pre-N is a dream!

Just my experience.

Reply to
Fitz

Doug, I also have the DWL G 650 D Link card and the D Link router DI 624.

But the tiny manuals for both do not address security issues and settings at all.

Since I am new to wireless can you tell me the steps to take now.

Otherwise, The system works great and range is also great. Signal strengths

100%.

Reply to
Ritter197

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.