Need directional wireless antennae

I want/need a directional antennae for my wireless router. I have one router that serves the sole purpose of allowing a connection from about 150 feet away across the parking lot. There is line of site, but with standard antennaes the reception is marginal. Does anyone know of a solid design or source for such a thing?

Reply to
Ook
Loading thread data ...

You can make a simple antenna add on like below, and if it works, you can make it a little more heavy duty. You can also buy some commercial types.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

150 feet, line of site across a parking lot, window to window, might work with a simple reflector. One problem with shooting across a parking lot is that metal things tend to wander around in a parking lot. Some of them are large, and might block signals.

formatting link
EZ-10 and "template 2" being the easiest.

For an add on antenna, it might be nice to know what kind of router you have. Some have removable antennas, some don't.

Reply to
dold

Hawking Technology Hi Gain 8dB Directional Wireless Antenna ...

Great antennas. I use them at work......

Reply to
Dave Wendling

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.