Contivity VPN Connectivity Issues WIth D-Link Router

Hello:

I am currently having problems trying to set up Nortel Contivity connectivity with my company's VPN. The VPN client (running on Windows XP) refuses to run behind my current router, a D-Link DI-604, but will run when directly connected to the cable modem. As my company does require IP Authentication Header (AH) capability, I strongly suspect that the solution is to purchase an AH-capable router. I like the D-Link line, so I am thinking about buying the D-Link DI-804HV which is advertised as AH-capable. Can anyone confirm for me from their own experience that the D-Link DI-804HV will enable Contivity VPN client connectivity for connections requiring AH?

Alternatively are there any other routers in the $60 - $80 range that people have confirmed capability to connect to AH-enabled Contivity VPNs. Thanks.

Reply to
daiyu
Loading thread data ...

Please disregard this post. Subsequently I discovered that the connectivity problems were due to the fact that I was remotely administering the computer: the DI-604 works just fine for establishing a VPN connection as long as the computer is being operated directly. I actually got the inspiration for this solution from another post in this forum; thanks for saving me money, guys!

Reply to
daiyu

Hello daiyu,

I saw this post and am wondering if you can share your solution to get your DI-604 router to work with AH authentication for the Contivity VPN client?

-AJ

daiyu wrote:

Reply to
northman

Hello daiyu,

I saw this post and am wondering if you can share your solution to get your DI-604 router to work with AH authentication for the Contivity VPN client?

-AJ

daiyu wrote:

Reply to
northman

I use Contivity through a plain Jane Linksys router. Be aware that you shouldn't waste alot of time on getting the Contivity to work because there's no more support for it. Expect your company - like mine - to start using something else like Juniper, etc...

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for responding Bob. Could you share your router config settings? I'm told to use the following router settings which I think I've done but still can't get VPN to work at home with my Dlink DI-604.

49100/UDP 500/UDP IP Protocol 50 IP Protocol 51

-AJ

##-----------------------------------------------## Telecom Discussions at

formatting link
access to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.sys.nortel - 3270 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
northman

Thanks for responding Bob. Could you share your router config settings? I'm told to use the following router settings which I think I've done but still can't get VPN to work at home with my Dlink DI-604.

49100/UDP 500/UDP IP Protocol 50 IP Protocol 51

-AJ

##-----------------------------------------------## Telecom Discussions at

formatting link
access to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.sys.nortel - 3270 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
northman

You've likely opened ports inbound, which is not necessary. I didn't need to open or change anything for Contivity to work. I've even used it wirelessly at two different Taco Bells, which have generic D-Link wireless routers hanging up behind the cashier for Internet access.

Get a copy of Wireshark, and see if you can figure out what's being blocked.

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.