915mHz compatible with 2.4gHz?

i have an old 1991 ncr wavelan communications adapter card which has a frequency of 915 (roughly). can this card communicate with other wireless cards and ap's transmitting on 2.4 or do i need a special adjustment and/or software?

tia

Reply to
hgjkrn
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@uyfiwjfiejmwe.newnjfk hath wroth:

That brings back fond nightmares. The Wavelan cards are frequency hopping spread spectrum from 902 to 928MHz. Maximum data rate is about 2Mbit/sec which will give you perhaps 800Kbits/sec thruput under ideal conditions. The technology is pre-802.11. Some reading material:

formatting link

No way is this card going to talk to 802.11a/b/g or anything on a diffrent frequency band. Start a museum.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

| i have an old 1991 ncr wavelan communications adapter card which has a | frequency of 915 (roughly). can this card communicate with other wireless | cards and ap's transmitting on 2.4 or do i need a special adjustment | and/or software?

That would be a great trick. I once had a radio that could receive up to

1999.999 MHz. Do you think it could receive 2450.000 MHz?
Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.