WinXP VPN Problem

Hello,

I have a office with a netgear router and a windows 2003 server running

a VPN server. Where I live I have another netgear router and a laptop running windows XP and can connect to the VPN at the office no problem.

My desktop machine at home, windows xp, exact same VPN connection settings and behind same netgear router as laptop cant connect to the server though, it says validating username and password for a while then says : Error 721, The remote computer did not respond.

I dont understand it at all, how can one connect but bnot the other, the server must be working ok.

Also as a side issue, but not as important, on the laptop I can get to any computer on the office network by ip address but only the VPN server by name (the names of all the other computers won't resolve).

Thanks for any help as im going crazy!

Reply to
paulroskilly
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Kirk Goins

Thanks for the reply.

No I didnt put any host or lmhost entries on the laptop, I cant think of anything that is different between the 2.

Reply to
paulroskilly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.