using CAT5 for smoke detectors

e:

We make them work harder at that kinda thing around here. Service drops, from the weatherhead to the meterbase and then to the breaker panel must be in rigid metal raceway. Doesn't make it idiot proof, but it, at least, makes it tougher for them to do and since the pipe is grounded they know just when penetrate to conduit and hit the wire :-)

jewellfish

Reply to
jewellfish
Loading thread data ...

s. =EF=BF=BDTo

I had assumed CAT5 was not

I'm sure that all the metal raceway does, is make them press harder on the drill.

Reply to
Jim

Remember the guy who posted a few years ago about the alarm company drilling through a DWV stack in his house. There was sewage leaking into the wall. I wonder what ever became of that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I thought that was a cable TV guy, if we are thinking of the same thing. There was a pic. of the coax running right through it.

Reply to
G. Morgan

That's the guy. You're probably right. Memory doesn't serve so well after all the chemo. Not only that but you'd have a laugh if you knew what else they give me. Suffice it to say, they gave me a prescription for some good, old fashioned "karma" :^)

Give me a call some time if you like, G.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I remember you mentioned that in an email. Funny thing, "karma". :)

I've been meaning to. I tried when you were absent (from ASA) for a while and your voicemail was full. I'll try back soon. Hang in there. Finally, your stubbornness is paying off!

Reply to
G. Morgan

the wall. =EF=BF=BDI

I remember the story but not the details. But I do remember thinking that something smelled funny about the story.

Which remindes me of a story I heard recently ( maybe it was here?)

About the two cannibals who were eating a clown. One says to the other, Does this taste funny to you?

Reply to
Jim

Heh, heh, heh...

Thanks. I needed a good laugh just then. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I knew it had to be good for something. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.