OT: Funny pic. (If you're not the soldier)

This is wrong in several ways:

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

That was funny. Why wrong?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

What the picture was trying to say isn't a given.

These days guy can get leave from overseas. If the immediate family experienced a serous illness or death, emergency leave is almost a given.

When our friend's son was stationed in Iraq, he managed 10 days right in the middle of his rotation as R&R - some incentive reward thing, not sure on the details.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

It is funny. But what's really funny is that the joke is based on the assumption that the pregnant girl is his current wife/girlfriend. It does state the little boy is his son, but the pregnant girl could be an ex, sister, stranger, etc. Still funny though.

Reply to
Effenpig1

The writing on her belly, I found it somewhat trashy.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I have a DIY client who was pregnant while she and her husband were building their home. He's a GC but she pitched right in, even worked on the roof.

The baby was due around Halloween (roughly). They sent me a picture of the two of them standing together. She had painted a pumpkin on her belly. After the baby was born they sent me a picture of him, wrapped in a blanket and lying in a carved out pumpkin.

The lady's regular job... police woman. Nice people. Cute baby. I assume the pumpkin pie was tasty. :^)

G, give me a call if you like.

Frank, I'm feeling a lot better the last couple of days than I was when we spoke.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That's great to hear, Robert! Hang in there!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Also, something really nice happened today (well, now it's yesterday). The guy from the company I hired to work on my X-Cart system turned out to be a born again believer.. very active in ministry. He started a prayer chain for me.

God amazes me!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.