Stupid Human tricks

Is anyone sending out addressed return envelopes with their billing? I have request from customers but am wondering what others are doing, if anything.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

Used to ......... but not anymore.

Reply to
Jim

Hmmm, I'll have to take a look to see what Walmart charges up here.

Reply to
Jim

I use those as well. Have you seen a problem with returned mail because the Post Office scanning machine is not picking up the right zip code. It seems that I get some back and the PO bar code on the bottom of the envelope has my zip code rather than the zip code for the customer. The PO told me that the scanner looks at the last line. I noticed that if the invoice isn't folded exactly, sometimes the ATTN: line will appear in the window. The PO manager told me that was the problem so it is picking up my zip or is that a line of crap? I am using the double window, one over the other.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

good support group? Hang in there man...you'll make it through.

Th-Th- Thanks Crash.

Sometimes when I'm going through some old files and I find one of those cute little paper edges with the precious little holes I I I just .......

It's been over a year now .....But .......... I'm being real strong about it.

Reply to
Jim

$26 for 500 at the Office Max store. That is about the same. Sometimes I catch a sale and stock up.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

We use the stamp machine and the Post Office don't like it when the date is to far off. I am not stamping 500-600 (depending on the month because we bill quarterly) to send them and another 500-600 to get them back. Down here, you are right, they would definately want stamps. I feel rather fortunate that I have gotten away without envelopes for so many years.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

"Crash Gordon®" wrote in message news:RFBAe.62$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net... You suffering from IPSS? Impact Printer Separation Syndrome. Do you need a good support group? Hang in there man...you'll make it through.

Do you have the "GEEK SQUAD" out there? They are run all over down here with their little VW's.

"Jim" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | | | Jim Rojas wrote: | > I use double window envelopes I buy from Walmart. | >

| > Jim Rojas | >

| >

| | | Don't know how much the prices would vary from area to area but I'm | paying $36.00/$38.00 per 500 from Staples. Office Max is about the | same. In the past, I've looked on line and with shipping, even from the | discount houses, it all winds up just a few dollars different. Haven't | checked on line lately or Walmarts either. I just think they're going | to remain at that price until someone comes out with a more convenient | method to lable envelopes and co-ordinate it with the contents. | | I started out with lables, when I first started. Something always got | screwed up with a mailing or trying to print just a few lables because | some got screwed up or something. | | The all-enclosed invoice with the tractor fed paper was pretty costly | also but it sure was convenient. But now you can't get a tractor feed | impact printer, that'll print clearly through all the copies | anymore..... for a reasonable price... that is. I had a Toshiba pin | printer that I think would have printed through a piece of cardboard. | Printer cost $2000.00 back in the 80's. It was 130 column wide. Just | threw it out about a year or so ago. No one had parts to repair the | print head, anymore. In all that time, the only thing to fail on it was | the print head ...... once in the 90's. By the time it went again, they | didn't make parts for it anymore. Thing weighed about 40 pounds. | Shoulda bought a spare print head for it, I guess. | | Anyway, the all enclosed invoice got too expensive, so that's when I | went to ink jet, which didn't work for me. Then back to the impact | printer with double window envelopes. Now, laser with double window | envelopes........ which is more expensive than the impact printer what | with toner supplies, paper and all. Impact printer had real inexpensive | ribbon and inexpensive tractor feed paper. | | I put it out on top of the garbage can by the curb for pick up and | couldn't keep my self from watching them "just throw it in the back of | their damn ol truck, like a piece of garbage" "Sniff sniff" I though | maybe they'd just sort of, kind of ... ya know ... "place" it ....... | Ya know what I mean? But they just THREW IT! "Sniff" Every once in a | while, I come across an old ribbon cartridge or a piece of the edging | from the tractor feed paper an ...... an ..... SNIFF ...... | | OHHHHH God! I'LL JUST NEVER FORGIVE THEM! | | ....JUST LEAVE ME ALONE .......I DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE! | LEAVE ME ALONE ... I SAID ...... DON'T, DON'T ........ JUST LEAVE ME | BE.... | | I .. I'LL BE ALRIGHT IN A LITTLE WHILE. SNIFFFFFFFF! |

Reply to
Bob Worthy

We have a few whiners that want the return envelopes. It does speed up payment from people that still send their own checks...but lately been getting lots of bill-pay. Freeked me out the other day I got 4 clients checks all in one bill-pay envelope...now I gotta really pay attention!

It is definiatly on the rise, it's ok but sometimes they leave out the customer number which accounting is geared to use. Then they got to look up by name, address etc. The other thing is late fees. They don't pick them up sometimes. No biggy but then it shows a balance on the account.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

They may have just sent me a sample, at least something similar. I think was actually geared for the security industry. Is that the one?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I'll have them change that to see if it helps. I notice the returns coming from two areas frequently. One local city here and then from Texas.

I think the PO just screws

Government workers but you're afraid to say anything or they'll go "Postal" on you.

I do have to fold my invoices carefully though, so the

I believe the ones we use are the Columbia C065's, if that means anything to you. We are using Probill for invoicing and the fold is pretty straight away. They fit the windows fine.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

You would have to live here or in New York to understand.......old retiree's you know....

Reply to
Bob Worthy

When you are nearing retirement and they are still calling you "Sonny", you wonder about the miracles of modern medicine. And with that I am going home...long days and old age ya know. Thanks for the input.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

I use double window envelopes I buy from Walmart.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I use Globe-Weis 266759... 19 bucks for 500

| >

| > Jim Rojas wrote: | >> Box of 80 double window envelopes is under $4 at Wallymart. | >>

| >

| > Hmmm, I'll have to take a look to see what Walmart charges up here. | > | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Hang in there man, if you need someone to talk to call your sponsor right now...you'll be ok...we've all been there...we'll maybe not Paulie

Crash Gord> You suffering from IPSS? Impact Printer Separation Syndrome. Do you need a

good support group? Hang in there man...you'll make it through.

Th-Th- Thanks Crash.

Sometimes when I'm going through some old files and I find one of those cute little paper edges with the precious little holes I I I just .......

It's been over a year now .....But .......... I'm being real strong about it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
3- 7/8 x 8- 7/8 fits standard folded 8.5 x 11 invoice. I had to "massage" the invoice in Quick Books Pro a tad for the address to be correct but that only took a few tries.

| | >

| | > Jim Rojas wrote: | | >> Box of 80 double window envelopes is under $4 at Wallymart. | | >>

| | >

| | > Hmmm, I'll have to take a look to see what Walmart charges up here. | | >

| | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Box of 80 double window envelopes is under $4 at Wallymart.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I use to do it...then they will ask you to provide a stamp as well.. :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I use AMPAD # 74023 from Wallymart.

Size: 8 7/8 x 3 7/8

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.