Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday, was: Vonage

Thor Lancelot Sim>> In article , Danny Burstein

>> Unfortunately, the actualy duration of the problem was several hours; >> Vonage is, quite simply, lying. And the problem recurred on two >> successive days. > No doubt about it. It caused major problems for me. >> If Vonage were a regulated entity -- which it's gone to great lengths >> to not be -- there would be significant penalties not just for this >> sort of service failure (note that Vonage hasn't exactly contacted its >> customers and offered to refund any of their money for the time that >> their phones were out of service) -- but also for lying about it. > What this proves is that Vonage is simply not a viable replacement for > wireline service. I've been a Vonage user from the beginning, > suffering through echos and quality issues for the first several > months. > I figured it was all worth it for the unlimited, inexpensive "out > WATS." But, now that SBC offers unlimited nation-wide toll for a > competitive price, it makes me think about using only my wireline > (which I never got rid of). The only advantage Vonage offers today > are virtual numbers.

I'd like to know what part of $88 you consider reasonable. That's what Verizon was getting from me for unlimited national/local.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.