Question:

I just moved into Mount Vernon, NY. I want to have a security system installed. I found this company listed on the NYC Alarm Association Web Site. Anybody in here familiar with this company?

Tom Fowler

24-7 Security Inc. 120 Stevens Avenue Mount Vernon, NY 10550 Phone: 914-668-6625

Thank You Mr. Tibbs

Reply to
Mr.tibbs
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Tom Fowler moved to NY when he was forced out of business in CT for illegally operating without a license. He is one of the worst scammers in the industry. He is also good friends with several people who hang out in this newsgroup. Find another dealer.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Milford Alarm Inc. is still licensed in CT but Robert bAss isn't :-) Doesn't that just burn your ass?

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

The name of the company is misleading, he provides security 24 hours every

7th day
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Forced out of business in Connecticut.??

Reply to
Mr.tibbs

Congratulations, You now have web presence

formatting link
Message to Mr. Tibbs Tom Fowler is a GREAT person to deal with. He will give you a quality installation.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Looks like someone popped him in his right eye. (Get a new boyfriend Fowler):)

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Nah Mike it's due to a stroke. Guess you're not alone in that club anymore

Group-Moderator wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Nah Mike it's due to a stroke. Guess you're not alone in that club anymore

Group-Moderator wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

They caught him operating without a license. He would have been able to get the license if he took the test and paid the small fee plus a hefty fine for operating without a license. However, Fowler does not know the state contractor laws, has not studied NEC or NFPA72 and has almost no knowledge of basic electronics. These are all required knowledge to pass the CT license exam.

I know what's on the test because I held a CT contractor's license for 24 years. In all those years I never once had a complaint filed with consumer protection. Fowler had enough complaints to fill a suitcase, mostly related to false and misleading advertising. Upon investigation the state found he was operating illegally and ordered him to stop. Instead, he packed his own suitcase and moved on to more fertile fields. He has done this before. He'll do it again as soon as the NY state authorities catch up to him. He doesn't have a valid electrical contractor's license there either.

He left the state, moved to NY and set up shop there, claiming he had quit the business because his girlfriend died. His MO consisted of hiring a few telemarketers to call every name in the directory offering a security system. I got a good laugh early one Saturday morning when one of his girls called me at home. When I explained that I owned an alarm company she went right on telling me what a great system Milford had to offer. It took several tries before I got her to understand I wasn't interested. Sure enough, several days later they called again ... same spiel.

When I first told Fowler he needed a license to install in CT he said that he was not required to be licensed because he only ran short wires. A state examiner told that he had stated on his application that he was a "home improvement" contractor. He made no mention of the fact that his "home improvements" consisted of installing alarms because he knew that requires a license.

I never bothered to file a complaint against him though perhaps I should have. It might have gotten him out of there a bit earlier, saving scores of consumers from being ripped off. The "systems" he sold were useless junk.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Seven years ago the story was my telemarketer called one of your friends on a Friday night. Keep the stories kinda close, wouldya Pinky?

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

How do you explain his presence on the NYC Alarm Association website?

Reply to
grabbitt

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Still having a problem with math are we?? Your L-5 Contractors license was obtained in 1989. You moved to Florida in 1999. How do you get "24 years" out of this?? Please don't tell us that because you maintained your license in CT until 2001 while you were a permanent resident of Florida that this counts as "installation experience".

In all those years you were only licensed for 10 of them. You started your online business in 1996 and probably stopped installing around that time too... So that only leaves you six years performing installations as a licensed contractor. That's no where near 24, Robert.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bass has the credibility of a 2 year old. Don't believe anything the slimeball says. Scum sucking pig dog REALLY makes me puke! (Just trying to help out a bit there, Jim) Tom has more friends here than that asshole has on the whole planet. And he'll do a little more than have UPS drop a cardboard box on your doorstep.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

Perhaps you could help each other out, since you are undoubtedly one of the best scammers you could show him a few of your tricks to improve his dismal scamming skills and in return Tom could show you how to make friends

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Everywhere Man

formatting link

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.