Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones

So far, Sprint Nextel is doing something right as its subscribers

> spend the highest average amount for data services in the industry.

Something right for the stockholders, or something right for the customers? Many of us are severely annoyed by the nickle-and-dime pricing approach of the carriers. We might pay a proportionate amount extra for a worthwhile service, but $$ for a ringtone? More money for a 10-second audio clip than for a full track on iTunes? Mature adults just say no.

Charles Golvin of Forrester Research said a recent survey indicated > few cellular customers choose a phone based on its usability, > typically because they either don't think there's anything better or, > like Bales in Kansas City, don't think they need those services.

One thing Sprint is doing wrong, IMHO, is narrowing the choice of phones available. They don't offer simple phones any more. I know that electronic economics means you can always get more for less as time passes, but sometimes you still just want less.

I'm in the market for a new phone. I want a "candy-bar" style phone with a USB connector that allows me to manage my name list using my computer. I don't own or want to own any Windows or Mac systems. I don't care about a camera or browser. I don't care about a color screen. I do want a keyboard with all the numbers of equal size and arranged in a rectangular grid and with very few additional keys. The keys should be essentially the only moving parts on the phone. Can anyone suggest a candidate for my business?

Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA "Greed is to the moralists of the snipped-for-privacy@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359 left what sex is to the moralists snipped-for-privacy@alumni.caltech.edu of the right." - Cathy Young

Reply to
Dave Close
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.