? PC1550 V4.0

I haven't worked on one of these in a while...

1- No CID or SIA reporting on these puppies?

2- How old is this panel (approx)?

3- I don't know the installer or master code (new homeowner - old alarm company out of biz). Default codes have been changed. I forget the procedure to tell if it's locked or not...the chattering relay thing. Please refresh me memory.

Tnx,

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
Loading thread data ...

No, only the older formats such as 3/1 and 4/2. This panel was brought out somewhere around the early '90's.

Ok, power up with AC only and listen at the board. If you hear a series of quickly spaced clicks, that indicates that the panel is locked. If no clicking, then power down, put a jumper on the "reset" pins, power up, wait about 15 seconds and remove the jumper. You can then get into installer programming with *8, 1500 or 1550....

RHC

1- No CID or SIA reporting on these puppies?

2- How old is this panel (approx)?

3- I don't know the installer or master code (new homeowner - old alarm company out of biz). Default codes have been changed. I forget the procedure to tell if it's locked or not...the chattering relay thing. Please refresh me memory.

Tnx,

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Dang I hate old formats...life is so much easier with CID or SIA or SDLC

Thanks for refreshing my brain on the powerup thingie.

Rob

installer=20

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Does the reset thing reset the progammers code to default or will I = still need to have the installer code to get into programming?

I have a feeling it's locked and I'm wasting my time...but a takeover is = bucks in me pocket..with only little effort (better than crawling = attics).

installer=20

Reply to
Crash Gordon

When you default, the installers code goes back as well to 1500 or 1550, unless it's locked, then everything except the installer code goes back to factory, and you're still locked out..

RHC

I have a feeling it's locked and I'm wasting my time...but a takeover is bucks in me pocket..with only little effort (better than crawling attics).

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

ok...the key then is to see if it's locked and if it is...don't default = it...pull and replace.

he found his user code but no record of installer code (duh).

thanks

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.