IT WORKED !!!

I installed a fair number of Digital Watchdog DVRs the last few years I was in the business. One thing almost every one of them needed to work properly was a firmware upgrade. None of them ever seemed to do a firmware upgrade easily on-line with their own utility. I always had to download the upgrade onto a thumb drive.

Well a few days ago I decided I needed some more cameras on my shop. I pulled a new old stock DW VMAX-A1 off a shelf and hooked it up. After getting (**) the remote access setup there was a message on screen saying there was a firmware upgrade available and asked if I wanted to apply it. "Sure, I thought. Knock yourself out." It worked. First try. No issues.

** DANG-IT! I need to get ahold of Robert Chou. IP Cam Viewer Pro does not support that particular DVR even though it supports other DW DVRs and NVRs. I had to use DW's clunky Android Ap. Actually its ok, but I have to open a separate AP to view all my cameras. I'd much prefer to open just one as I did with IP Cam Viewer until I added this DVR.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.