Paradox Product Line Problems

I just want to raise an issue that will come up if you use the Paradox line of products. Bottom line, they are changing panel lines and keypads so often now that they have failed to keep enough stock of the older equipment to allow us to provide a decent level of service on older equipment.

For example, there are no 748 Express panels available for order. There are no Spectra 1738 high end LCD 1641 keypads available anywhere should one die (I have over 400 of these in service). There are no Digiplex 848 keypads available, nor is the 738 Express panel available any longer (I have 600 of these in service). If certain components fail, it necessitates changing out the entire system rather than replacing a single component.

I believe that a company has a responsibility to its customers (us the dealers) to maintain an inventory of older stock equipment to allow us to maintain services for our clients for a reasonable period of time (reasonable obviously being the salient point.....). Think how this would affect things if automobile dealers did the same sort of thing.....:(((

I have written the President of Paradox Systems formally with my concerns. I will keep the group posted on any responses I get. The world's a different place now with the internet; I hope they realize that they can't just ignore problems which can affect their bottom line....

DSC have done the same over the years but not to the same extent. They have tried to evolve their panels such that keypads have some compatibility with newer boards, but clearly Paradox have not...

Reply to
tourman
Loading thread data ...

Maybe if they quit suing everybody they'd have time to make product.....

Reply to
mleuck

RHC: Dunno about sueing...that's news to me; however, their Business Development people don't seem to be doing their jobs. Seems no one talks to their customers (the alarm dealers) to find out what we want. They've come up recently with a" Stay D" funtionality that is totally ignored by installers in North America. It's designed such that zones are armed 24 hrs unless deactivated...seems to be something to do with a perceived need for alarms to work against "home invasion"....????

Unless they start stocking replacement parts for at least a couple of years past the end of production of a product, I'm going to move over to DSC (and I've told them that). They have superb products but that doesn't do me a bit of good if I can't warranty them for a reasonable period of time.....

Reply to
tourman

There are various federal and state laws which require a manufactuer to supply product suport for seven years after items are discontinued. May want to do some research then file complaints if they are violating

Reply to
nick markowitz

RHC: Good point ! I will look and see if the equivalent law exists in Canada. Then perhaps it doesn't matter, since they sell in the USA and would have to adhere to US laws if they wish to sell there.

Funny you mention the 7 year period. When they first started, they were giving us an unconditional warranty for 7 years on their products. Then all of a sudden, it changed to two years (too rich for their blood I guess.....)

Reply to
tourman

Look up the Paradox vs DSC lawsuit thrown out of court earlier this year, I personally hope they go bankrupt because they pretty much ruined any chance any company in the US will ever use them.

Reply to
mleuck

RHC: Well, I may be talking out of turn here, but I think they probably see their worldwide market as being a much bigger potential than trying to break into a saturated US one. They sell a huge amount of product world wide versus the little they probably sell in the USA.

I just have to wonder why I am the only one who has mentioned this lack of support for older products.......it's gotta be affecting other bigger dealers than I....

Reply to
tourman

They sued not only DSC (understandable in a patent suit) but a large number of US companies who installed the product including ADT, P1 etc.

They will sell even less now.

Reply to
mleuck

:

I never see their line in my area.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.