Companys you may not want to subcontract

The following is a list of National Account servicing company's you really want to think twice about and investigate before subcontracting for them. feel free to add to the list. I now plenty of us have had problems working with them for various reasons.

Ackerman Security- Atlanta Ga.

Nutech National

F.E. Moran

Strong International Stanley convergence

Reply to
Unknown
Loading thread data ...

want to think twice about and investigate before subcontracting for them.

with them for various reasons.

I have had problems getting paid off some of them as well as other contractors I was helping who where having same problem as well.

Reply to
Unknown

I was helping who where having same problem as well.

Your first name isn't by chance Rodney is it?

Reply to
mleuck

contractors I was helping who where having same problem as well.

Look at his email address.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Doesn't matter who it is. Subcontracting and hoping to get paid can be a real pain in the wazoo, not to mention all the grossly sub par installations you will see when you decided to "help somebody out." I just don't do it anymore. Not worth the headache. The good companies will open an office here or atleast schedule regular visits of their own techs. The rest are just in it for the money and will tarnish your name to be associated with them.

And... yeah I post under my real name.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ditto!! Ditto!!

The last one (over 2 years ago) that I did a quick job for took 3 months to pay after many phone calls. Then about a month ago I got a phone call from them requesting all my liability insurance, workmans comp, vehicle insurance info, etc. Claiming that they need copies of the documents so that I can get paid in the future. I actually had to explain to the girl, what would be the point if I am never going to work for them ever again. After I repeated myself 3 times she finally got the point. I wished her a nice day and hung up. Stupid!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Its funny. My very first subcontract job(s) were for ADT commercial in about 1994. I jumped and ran to get it done. No issues, and I followed up with the clients to make sure their issues were cured. I should have learned. Took me months and months and months to get paid. I looked up some of the senior execs with ADT and sent them personal letters demanding payment +penalties, +cost of postage for billing, +a fee for the additional time, or I would post my unpaid invoices in the newspaper. They finally paid after that. Pretty quickly too. Never got another call from ADT commercial after that. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I am no longer accepting sub contract calls I am pursuing legal actions aga= inst a company now and have postal inspector involved after I sent them ev= erything certified US mail and they claim they never got it and they had my= w9 with ss number and background check form with my DL # etc and supposed= ly can not find them.I got a nasty call from installation manager because I= contacted the client and told them I was not paid and how incompetent the= se folks are . told the install manager to shove it find my paper work get me paid or I w= as putting leans on clients stores and making sure everything shows up in n= ews papers. what ass holes and F#@K heads you have to deal with these day= s.=20 I get 3-4 calls a week and tell them no thank you not interested. or F#@K o= ff your terrible pa I dont work for gutter scum.

Reply to
Unknown

And it starts again. 480-593-8093 just called asking if I will work on other companies alarms. NO. HECK NO. BUZZ OFF. DO NOT CALL ME.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I wonder if they are the ones who were the proverbial straw for me. The ones I walked off the site and refused to work on the system when I found the control panel.... INSIDE THE AIR CONDITIONING DUCT. Its been a number of years, so it might have been another company with a name that sounds like theirs.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Try agreeing to work for them then not doing the work, see if they will fire you.

Don't submit any bills or invoices. That would be legal trouble, just tell them over and over "OK, I'll go tomorrow at 10."

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

480 area code is Scottsdale, AZ

is that normal if you're in Littleton, CO?

Reply to
Robert Macy

By larger security companies not paying their subcontractors, I think it is easy to see them all in a negative light, especially if that company is the only large customer you have; you're tempted to see it as a one off event. In that light only, those companies then seem to have the moral compass of plague filled vermin, are are to be avoided. I see it differently. I think larger companies always manage their short term cash flow issues on the backs of their smaller vendors, no matter what the industry (except some governmental entity such as

formatting link
). That said, even entities like DFAS can be problematic at times (like when Congress fails to pass a budget). Perhaps seeing how many very large companies pay any of their vendors should be examined.
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
By becoming a security vendor for any large company, in the end you're out of the actual security business, and end up with three main function. Maintain records, collect taxes for the government, and deal with the ever spiraling out of control paper blob generated by having anything to do with large companies.

For customers that do give you problems with payments, instead of cursing and showing unprofessionalism, simply state to the offending company that they are now on GBA terms. No one will know what that is so direct them to a portion of your web presence that will explain it fully. GBA accounts are accounts that require GOLD BULLION IN ADVANCE as the sole payment terms.

Nothing you say or do, especially as a vendor to a company that regards you only as a small business, is going to have any impact whatsoever on the way these companies do business, now or in the future.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@h4g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...

On Apr 3, 5:47 pm, "ABLE1" wrote:

Its funny. My very first subcontract job(s) were for ADT commercial in about 1994. I jumped and ran to get it done. No issues, and I followed up with the clients to make sure their issues were cured. I should have learned. Took me months and months and months to get paid. I looked up some of the senior execs with ADT and sent them personal letters demanding payment +penalties, +cost of postage for billing, +a fee for the additional time, or I would post my unpaid invoices in the newspaper. They finally paid after that. Pretty quickly too. Never got another call from ADT commercial after that. LOL.

Reply to
Just Looking

As a large entity where many things are compartmentalized for efficiency its clear that they do not have a moral compass except where dictated by law. Even then its quite often offset by what they can get away with or if they can shift accountability to others. How many times have you heard, "I'm sorry. I agree, but its company policy?" as an excuse for getting screwed from some middle management type or even from a scripted nobody. The response should always be the same to those:

"You work there and you know it. That makes you just as guilty as the hidden evil bean counter who enacted that immoral policy. You should quit."

Only by magnitude is it any better than committing genocide because you are "following orders."

Yeah... and to the small contractor its effectively the same thing.

My policy works better for me. Do good quality work. Be honest with my customers. Get paid well for it. Have a progressive payment policy. Refuse any work for any customer who has any amount past due. Do not subcontract for somebody you don't know personally, and then stick to your payment policies firmly. And always, always, always, tell out of town companies that if they can't support their clients in my home town directly then they shouldn't do business here. I am sure as hell not going to fix their problems for them and take my attention away from the customers who have supported me and my family for the last 18 years. I may not get rich, but my bills get paid, and even if sometimes I struggle with that sometimes I don't ever feel slimy from what I had to do at work.

To be honest contracting is such a sleazy unethical business, and big businesses are so universally amoral that I wish I could just withdraw...

Fortunately I do have a fair number of customers who appreciate the way I do business. Those are the ones who make it worth keeping the doors open instead of just swiping a used refrigerator box and moving down to the river.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

OH, come on Bob. I know you could afford at least a "new" refrigerator box with probably even an "extension" stove box for sleeping quarters.

Doesn't sound too bad at that ..... with a river view and all!

Reply to
Jim

Actually it really doesn't. I ran a trap line very seriously for a couple years back around 89-91. It was the hardest and longest (Can see to can't see everyday) I have ever worked. I lived out of my truck and my base camp during the season, but it was my favorite "job" ever. Dangerous sometimes. Exciting always. Challenging in more than a few ways. Seeing my son and my daughter born were the only time I can think of that I have felt as "alive" since.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I never went that far but I once lived in a cabin in the middle of the Adir= ondacks for close to a month, hunting. I had visitors to hunt with during t= he weekends but otherwise I was alone. It was adventurous at first but towa= rds the end it became work. I like my alone time but I've got to have somet= hing to stimulate my mind. In the woods, eventually your thoughts turn to s= urvival mode only and for me that became .... I don't want to say boring bu= t .... I guess drudgery. Same thing ... day after day. Keorsene and Coleman= lamp light is not good to read by, either. One day stands out. I went down= to the stream to get water and there was a whole school of fingerling trou= t going by. Scooped up a couple of dozen of them, floured them and ate them= whole. Oh yeah, had a black bear come up behind me while I was sitting at the base= of a tree. I heard it coming but thought it was a deer. We scared the shit= out of each other. I took a bead on it while it was running away but thoug= ht that I'd never be able to pack it back to the cabin by myself and I'd ne= ver dressed a bear. We alway ate what we killed and never trophy hunted. = =20

I got tired of venison stew too.=20

I REAALLY missed pizza most of all .... then my wife.=20

Reply to
Jim

Weeeeell, I was single back then, but I think you misunderstand. What I was doing was work. Hard work most times. I would have traps out on as many as

4 lines and cover as much as a 100 miles a day. Often I would set up two base camps, or set up a base camp at one extreme of my range, and only get back to it every other day. I had some real adventures.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

No .... I realize what a trap line is and that it was work. I was just rela= ting the closest thing I'd ever done like that and even that short time of = light "roughing" it.... allowed me to utimately decide that it wasn't the k= ind of life for me. I think lot's of men think that they'd like to live tha= t life but few are really cut out to do it. You're commended for having don= e it for a living. Not too many people could do that.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.