Napco MA2600

Does anyone have an old MA2600 board I can borrow with a known master security code?

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

Only have 2600's installed and a couple of 2000 keypads I bought for replacements.

Reply to
Jim

I have 2 here with installer codes wiped clean, and the master security code sticker removed. I can locate it in the vast about of firmware data, but its nice to know where to starting looking. All these digits all look alike after awhile.

formatting link

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

It seems to me that I remember that I did a local download on a 2600 a long time ago. If I did and still have it in my lap top is there anything that I can try and locate for you there?

If so, I'll take a look for you.

Reply to
Jim

I finally figured it out. The only way to retrieve the Master Security Code is to locate it in the firmware chip. So I waited until I located a board with a known code. This basically shows me where its stored in the firmware for future locked out panels.

formatting link

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

"Tech-man" was a poor name choice. "Hacker-man" would have been better! :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Now the FBI is on my tail...Thanks Frank...

formatting link

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

You're welcome! :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Howdy - just saw this after Googling - I'm trying to find the "back door" o n the 2600 downloader to download user code changes only. The only choices I have are 1- the entire program + (or -) user codes and 2- the zones + (or -) user codes. Any advice from "Ol-Timers" would be much appreciated.

Reply to
m.isbell54

on the 2600 downloader to download user code changes only. The only choice s I have are 1- the entire program + (or -) user codes and 2- the zones + ( or -) user codes. Any advice from "Ol-Timers" would be much appreciated.

Actually you should have started a new thread.

However ........ If you just want to change user codes you should have a "u ser" programming code. Check on line for a copy of the users manual if you don't have one, to see the procedure for changing codes.

If you have the master/dealer code and the PCD2000 program and you just wan t to change user codes. Upload the existing program to the PCD2000 program. Change the user codes in the PCD2000 program and then just download everyt hing back to the panel.

Even though I have a number of the 2600's still in service, it's been a lon g time since I've had to download one. If I remember correctly, the earlier units could not be downloaded remotely. Then they came out with the LKDL ( Downloadable) units.

If you want to download locally, you'd have to have the PCD2000 program, t he master code and the PCI mini dongle.

If you want to download remotely you also have to have the dealer code and have a 300baud or slower modem and the master code. However if you do have the dealer code, the keypad programming is pretty straight forward if you s tudy the manual a bit. There are two kinds of keypads and the programming m ethods are different for each

If your request for a "back door" means you want to find a way around the m aster code to default or gain access to programming the panel, That informa tion may be "out there" somewhere but I don't remember ever seeing it for t he 2600.

Here's one little tidbit. The panel has a "memory" battery underneath the s mall raised printed circuit board. If you have never changed this little ba ttery in all these years, you can remove it while the panel is powered up a nd replace it with a new one. If this battery is bad and you lose complete power, your panel will be defaulted and have to be programmed from scratch. Be careful removing and manipulating the small printed circuit board with the panel powered up. Don't pull out the ribbon cable while you're changing the battery. You may need someone to hold the small board while you change the battery.

Not that it would do you any good but also the panel can be programmed via a programming chip but you'd never be able to find someone with the 410 chi p programmer anymore.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.