DSC PC1555

I have customer with a DSC pc1555 Power 632 panel in his house he wants me to monitor after installing a system in his business. I was hoping to connect over the phone line using software because the installer code is unknown.but he has voice mail so I couldn't. Can I do a direct connect with my laptop using the MD 12 modem? or do I need the PC link which I assume wouldn't help me as I don't know the inst code.? Any way around an unknown installer code for this panel? TIA

Reply to
KingFish
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Simplest thing is to simply default back to factory and it will come back with all settings at factory with an installer code either

1555 or 5555. This way, all the previous alarmco settings are wiped out ensuring that things such as callback are no longer functional.

This won't work of course if some scumbag has locked the board. Then you will have to ship it off to have it defaulted (see Jim Rojas at

formatting link
for US locations) or buy another board.

Reply to
tourman

RHC: Simplest thing is to simply default back to factory and it will come back with all settings at factory with an installer code either

1555 or 5555. This way, all the previous alarmco settings are wiped out ensuring that things such as callback are no longer functional.

This won't work of course if some scumbag has locked the board. Then you will have to ship it off to have it defaulted (see Jim Rojas at

formatting link
for US locations) or buy another board.

so if I power it down and then up the relay click thing will tell me if it is locked out? if so will this mess anything up?

Reply to
KingFish

ch-man.comfor US locations) or buy another board.

RHC: No, simply powering it down and back up will do no harm (you will only lose the current clock settings but that is normal...*2...8 trouble light on). The only harm you will do is if you attempt to default when the board is definately locked (clicks on power up). The panel will default all settings EXCEPT the installers code, so now you will have a non functioning board for any use.

Reply to
tourman

RHC: No, simply powering it down and back up will do no harm (you will only lose the current clock settings but that is normal...*2...8 trouble light on). The only harm you will do is if you attempt to default when the board is definately locked (clicks on power up). The panel will default all settings EXCEPT the installers code, so now you will have a non functioning board for any use.

Reply to
KingFish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.