Best way to monitor AC Condensor & BBQ using existing alarm

I have an Admeco 128FBP installed at my house and it works great. I want to expand it to monitor my BBQ and the Air Conditioner condensor in my back yard. My neighborhood isn't the greatest, and I've already had one BBQ stolen (they cut through the lock). I have motion lights in the back yard, but I'd like to put alarm contacts on these pieces of equipment. I have two open zones on a 4208U, so no problems there. I just need a reccomendation of what contacts to use on the equipment.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott_DC
Loading thread data ...

You are better off using wireless transmitters on moveable items, such as the BBQ. Unless you keep the BBQ at a specific spot at all times. You can place the transmitter in a weatherproof electrical box. Use a sentrol pull out contact, which has armored cable to secure each item.

I have done this with clients with jetskis, lawnmowers, and other valuable items.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

GE Security (aka Sentrol) makes a pull apart contact that some folks use to protect movable items stored near the house. The part number is 2105A. I sell them (and a bunch more stuff) online.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.