AZROC - Not My Favorite Agency

Well, as you recall I posted about all the complicated license changes here in Arizona a while back. Well, my licenses renew the end of the month and its time to deal with that headache. I have a commercial and a residential license. Well technically I have two combination residential AND commercial licenses now for the exact same thing. First I have to send in a separate form to cancel one of my licenses. I can't just send in both forms with cancel scrawled across one. If I did that they would cancel my license in bad standing, and then cancel my other license because I have a canceled license. I'm not kidding. I was told that almost verbatim.

You would think that would save me some money though. On paper it looks like it would, but it doesn't really. They increased the bond amount for residential, and because it's a combination license they combine the bond amounts for both commercial and residential. It makes for a HUGE increase in bond amounts. As a result my fee for bond insurance costs more now for one year for one license than it did for both license bonds previously for three years.

Of course I still have to pay the mandated by law bribe to the AZROC's beer and bowling fund... er I mean contribution to the contractor recovery fund. In over 20 years I have never had a license complaint, and only two BBB complaints (both from people who in their own words (I read their complaints) just didn't want to pay what they owed), and still have to pay that F_____G bribe every time I renew my licenses. That's just not right.

Sorry guys. I just had to vent for a minute.

You know my tax license that I never had to renew? That one shining beacon in the darkness. Starting this year I have to pay a fee to renew it every year. It's the freaking license that allows me to collect sales taxes so I can pay them to the state or they will throw my ass in jail. I have to pay for the priviledge of paying them.

Arizona is starting to feel more and more like Kalfornicastan.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Real sorry to hear that Bob. I would make me nuts as well. And I thought some of the local jurisdictions here had problems. I assume that these people think they are doing the right thing and deserve a paycheck for their stupidity.

Wish you all the best. Hope your ROI gets better

Relieve your stress and have a good weekend.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

This is just the beginning...In my area, 85 percent of the small dealers either died, went bankrupt, sold out, or like me moved on to more profitable ventures.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Well, I have been doing a fair job of turning big pieces of metal into = smaller pieces of metal. It even makes a little money. I've got a new = machine arriving next week, and I just started retrofitting a machine = that I think has some potential. I considered machine building for a = while, but I really want to minimize my time spent on giving out tech = support to intelligent "m____s." I'll stick with custom one off = machining I think. Besides it falls in with my belief that mining, = manufacturing, and farming are the corner stones of a strong economy. = Everybody else is a service industry. I get to build stuff, stimulate = the economy at the foundation, and sometimes I'll even get paid for it. = LOL. =20

I will still have to pay for that stupid tax license, but I won't have = to put anything other than zeros on my monthly report most of the time. = Most of my stuff ships out of state, and a fair amount goes out of the = country. =20

In the mean time I just paid for that over priced bond for two years. I = would have renewed my license today and cancelled the other one, but the = state will not accept faxed, photocopied, or emailed copies of bond = certificates. I have to wait for the original to arrive in the mail so = I can send them the original in the mail with my renewal. BUT! BUT! = BUT! They made all these changes to make things simpler. Sigh!

Atleast I can file and pay my sales taxes on-line. =20

Now I'll have to start modifying all my letter head, invoices, = contracts, and advertising material, so they don't hit me for using a = false or cancelled license number when I cancel the second license. = LOL. =20

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Jeeeze I don't know if I could deal with that.

I've said it here before but that's the reason I don't do commercial fire a nymore. It's not worth the aggravation in dealing with assholes and all the wasted time devoted to paperwork and jumping through frivolous imaginary h oops.

Faced with people who are intentionally obnoxious disagreeable and play ign orant I tend to not be a nice person. I'm afraid that I'd tell them all to F..k off and then the logo on my company letter head would be a head shot o f me holding a number under my chin.

Reply to
Jim

Jeeeze I don't know if I could deal with that.

I've said it here before but that's the reason I don't do commercial fire anymore. It's not worth the aggravation in dealing with assholes and all the wasted time devoted to paperwork and jumping through frivolous imaginary hoops.

Faced with people who are intentionally obnoxious disagreeable and play ignorant I tend to not be a nice person. I'm afraid that I'd tell them all to F..k off and then the logo on my company letter head would be a head shot of me holding a number under my chin.

Jim do like the rest of us old timers, "learn a few choice words in a really foreign language" and spew them as the events may dictate ... LOL

RTS

Reply to
RTS

I know that they say that in Arizona that it is very hot. I have never been there. Then, the next thing that they say is that it is a 'dry heat', as if that makes a difference.

I think that the "dry heat' has gotten to those folks in your government who come up with these absurd requirements that you mentioned. I have licenses in 2 southeast states and I have nothing of those moronic stupidities. I just pay the license fee every 2 years and I am done.

If you are adventurous, and are able, maybe it's time to go to a less 'dry heat' state with a lot less regulations. Maybe more humidity is better for the brain? Just a thought.

I have got enough troubles and agravations just driving around having to deal with folks who are more absorbed with paying attention to their phones and texting than paying attention to the light that turned green 30 seconds ago. I have a horn on my van and I get to use it a lot...a lot.

I am looking for a way to be able to honk the guy or gal that's 3 or 4 cars ahead of me because the 1st and 2nd cars are somehow afraid to use their horn. It is not against the law to use your horn if someone is distracted. Just came back today from one of our customers who is a sheriff and he says he uses his horn a lot too. If he says it is not against the law, boy lookout world, I am going to upgrade my horn system for sure.

..........................It's the small things in life that bring such satisfaction when you get older!...........................

Reply to
E DAWSON

I could certainly go somewhere else and start another company, but my customers have been with me for a very long time. My first alarm customer is still a customer of mine. I would have a hard time abandoning them. I am however spending more of my time in the machine shop and less of my time in the alarm office.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

How about this old Greek saying.

??????? ?? ??? ? ???????? ??? ?? ?????? ??? ? ?? ?? ???????? ? ?????? ??? ?? ? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?????? ??.

which says: May the Gods pull your pubic hairs one by one with a hot fork.

Reply to
Jim

LOL If only it could be verbalized off the lips............ :-)

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.