Ademco Vista 'OC' display problems...

Two in one day! Anyone here have any thoughts?

Same city, different accounts, lots of rain yesterday, but no electrical outages, etc.

1. Vista 10se, been in service 5 years. Burg & holdup system. while disarmed, keypad displays OC, replaced keypad and its wiring, set address to 31, still shows OC.

1. Vista 20P, in service ~1 month. Burg only system. while disarmed, siren suddenly sounds continuously, keypad alarm 'led' not lit, user codes do not silence siren, nor does usual 15 minute timeout shut it off, still sounding when the tech arrived. no alarm or other signal to c/s, keypad shows OC. power down does not clear the OC condition.

Any thoughts as to: cause? solution?

Thx, Nick

Reply to
Nick Lawrence
Loading thread data ...

alpha or fixed word keypad?

Reply to
Spork

Lightning?

Replace boards?

YW, -G

Reply to
G. Morgan

Hi guys, thx for the input and suggestions.. here's more info:

Fixed display, not alpha: displays OC.

No lightning.

Replace boards? Yes, could do that, but hoping to identify underlying problem, if it exists, so the replacement boards do b=not go bad too.

I've just never seen a panel cause an OC condition, its always been the wiring.

Any more thoughts?

Nick Lawrence wrote:

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

The "OC" Stands for Open Circuit. It sounds like the wiring to the keypads DATA (grn/wht) has a fault somewhere. Obviuously you have power.

Reply to
proinstall

The next obvious step would be to wire the keypads directly to the panel to eliminate any field wiring problems and isolate bad panel/KP. The only time I've seen them do that is with lightning damage to the panel (fubared ECP bus).

Reply to
G. Morgan

I ususally see that OC when downloading a panel. Perhaps someone double called the panel a few times?

Reply to
Roland Moore

The panel may have been shut down through Compass software. I think the OC gives the same results.

Jim Rojas

Roland Moore wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

No it shows d1

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Group: Thx for your thoughts on this. Upon return calls to the locations, the answer, as to what caused the problems at these two locations, is the same at each: Water damage (corrosion!) to the control panel circuit board. Musta leaked thru the roof, down the wall, and thru some of the many holes on the top of the Vista control panel cabinet. Nick

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.