Load Balancing ESP - 50 traffic with a web switch.

Does anyone know if it is possible to load balance ESP traffic. I have server running the Apani client which encrypts all traffic between the servers. A few of the servers currently have apps being load balanced. Whenever the Apani client is enabled you cannot get to the app using the virtual ip address. You can get to the app using the real ip address. My thinking is the switch sees the ESP traffic hit the virtual ip and does not know what to do with it. I tried to fix this by enabling layers 3 load balancing and using a service of ip(Example Below). Just curious if anyone else has run into this .

/c/slb/virt 1 ena ipver v4 vip 10.1.54.247 layr3 ena /c/slb/virt 1/service ip group 1

Reply to
dragonwarlord
Loading thread data ...

Usually, for a basic SLB, Alteon only use source and destination port to share traffic. The encryption of traffic is usually done at layer 7, which means it never encrypt layer 4 source and destination port. So, I think there is something wrong of your setting, not because of the encryption.

Reply to
Dophi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.