Lineside T1 changes

Dear Nortel PBX Techs,

We have a software IVR application that has been compatible with Meridian Option 81 & Option 11 for years and uses a T1 interface for the voice connection. For the past few years we have generally used a NT5D11AE model T1 card programmed with 500 Stations for each channel in a simple OPX-style interface. The circuit card is configured with jumpers to use D4 framing, AMI line coding and loop start protocol. We became very familiar with the robbed-bit signalling the switch would provide to indicate call arrival, seizure, and diconnect and configured our software to recognize these successfully.

I anticiapte some changes have occurred recently in either the model of T1 card or firmware for it which Nortel currently releases to site. Could someone please provide any resources I could investigate to help determine if changes occurred, specifcally in relation to how a loopstart digital circuit would be administered?

It could be that we have just run into a rash of people who are not familiar with conguring the Nortel exactly how we need it to be, but from what I can tell -- they have configured things correctly.

We are able to establish the actual DS1 link no problem, so I am confident the basic pinout, framing, and line coding have been attended to properly.

Our primary difficulty currently is that te switch is able to deliver a ringing call to a port, and our application sees the signal and answers. Everything goes according to plan, although we seem to lack the expected bit change (a-1) when the call disconnects.

To the best of our ability we have narrowed this down to Rev.2 of the above board works whereas Rev. 3 does not.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Tony

Reply to
TZ
Loading thread data ...

To determine whether it is hardware or programming, are you able to roll th cards and see if the trouble follows the card?

Reply to
John 807

I guess you looked at both cards and verified the settings on the V3 and the V2 card. If the settings are in fact identical and making sure the switch positions line up and there are no physical discrepencies. I would check the refurb. market for a V2 card or have your vendor do it. Then put the V2 in and it should work.

Reply to
John 807

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.