ELK 960 Enclosure

I'd like to use an ELK 960 timed relay to control some 110V lighting via a 12 VDC signal. Looks like this part should do the trick. I'm having trouble figuring out what type of enclosure to mount this board in. Ideally, I'd like something small that has cutouts to mount cable clamps to hold the AC wires in place. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks

Reply to
napco newbie
Loading thread data ...

ELK Products makes an ELK-UB12 which should do the job perfectly.

formatting link
I carry the entire Elk line in case you're interested.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You can use an ELK-PB1 which looks nice anywhere.

formatting link
David

Reply to
djenkins6

He also carries a Looooooooong BBB RECORD

Check it out... BBB's Actual website

formatting link
A few problems with customers credit cards. Below is just one.

"Consumer: Beware BassHome.com"

From snipped-for-privacy@karas.com.delthis (Brian Karas)

Well, I said I wouldn't respond to your continued misunderstanding of MIME and VCards, and I don't intend to address that here, but you make a couple of statements that really irked me, the biggest concern is the last comments you made...

As I've pointed out before, you alone have swayed my opinion of you. If you search through DejaNews to about 12-15months ago you'll find a post in comp.home.automation where I publicly and strongly defended you when someone else called one of your PR: type posts spam. I've disagreed with you, and made mention that you have a thin understanding of the Internet and Usenet, but I've also said publicly that I believe you are very intelligent in your trade. Recently a topic or two has come up in misc.homeowners about alarm systems, and I've referred one or two people to your website. If you call my disagreement with you abuse or slander, so be it.

Go answer your e-mails that people constantly complain about you not answering. Or fix your e-mail system, you seem to have plenty of time and technology to keep up with Usenet posts. I'll give you a hint, the people e-mailing you _WANT_ to hear your opinion... You find my public posting of you disagreeable, and I'll admit that I sometimes, or even often, may take a strong stance against your opinions. I may be completely blind to your side, but I haven't considered any of my posts unsubstantiated attacks on you. I have sided against you, and tried to give relevant data to back up my arguments, perhaps I could have been more eloquent. Had I been just some guy making random slanderous attacks on you, I might understand why you'd simply delete any mail with my name on it, however, you did not see fit to delete the orders I've placed through your website?

Yes, for those still following along I've ordered about $500 worth of components from Robert in the last few months. I'm a telecommunications geek by trade, and an Automation and cabling installer alongside my 'day job' I've recently begun to pursue alarm systems as a branch of my private business. My biggest alarm installs have been assisting others, and/or my own house. When I had to buy some products recently I went to

formatting link
because of price, not because Robert is my best friend, but because despite my disagreement with him I felt he had an efficient online store and I wanted to 'reward' his efforts with my business. I could have gone to any number of local places and received identical equipment at competitive prices, but I didn't.

After ordering some Napco equipment, I had some questions about the automation and X-10 add-ons, basically I wanted to know the differences between them, etc., as his website didn't really clarify this. So, I sent him an e-mail, which as I mentioned, and he confirmed went unanswered.

So Robert, your overall stance seems to be that you will help any DIY'er so long as they _publicly_ agree with you. However, should someone do a moderate amount of business with you and later disagree with you, all support is cut off, eh?

This is what your actions and words state, and I caution anyone who orders from you that you have a strange way of doing business.

This would almost seem like a complete story, but there is a bit more to it...

When I buy things via the Internet I use a debit card as a credit card, as a small security measure, should the number fall into the wrong hands I can easily minimize my loses and cancel the card without disrupting the rest of my finances, however it's sometimes a less than perfect way to transact business. During a a recent order with Bass for about $380 there was some difficulty in processing the card. There was more than enough funds in my account, but the bank didn't authorize the card on the first try. Robert (and/or his wife) e-mailed me directly with questions/concerns about the card. After verifying my address the order still wouldn't go through, so his wife resorted to calling me on the phone to clear things up, which we did. This process probably took about 4 days to a week and resulted in about 4 e-mails back and forth and a couple of voice mails. During this time Robert had to be more than aware of who I was, as I had posted other 'nasty' public disagreements with him, but no mention was made in the e-mails or phone calls that he would provide no support after the sale.

I hope this message serves to warn some of those who might consider giving him some business, or otherwise putting their faith or trust in him...

Robert has also publicly stated that he doesn't take things too seriously, and is quick to make amends, however I'd have to doubt this...

Robert, I'm sure my $500 didn't buy you an Armani suit, or allow your family to take a tropical vacation, but perhaps you should state somewhere on your webpage that you only support those who support _you_ with words rather than dollars.

I do apologize to all the others that have had to sift through these constant small wars and battles

Brian@ 'at' @Karas. 'dot' .com. Return address munged to prevent SPAM... SOHO DataComm wiring, FAQ's, etc:

formatting link

begin 666 back_ani.gif M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9 MF55551$1$3,S,]W=W69F9B(B(@`````````````````````````````````` M`````````````````````````"'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A^00%9 `` M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4\\;/@G1 MEFIG1SWSV6;,8K=9579"CIA.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.