A question

Where's the FAQ for this newsgroup? Thanks.

Reply to
Keith Thompson
Loading thread data ...

border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newshub.sdsu.edu!news.linkpendium.com!news.linkpendium.com!news.zytor.com!not-for-mail

It's unclear whether Keith is asking about comp.home.automation or comp.lang.c because he asked the question in CHA but set the Follow-up-To to CLC. But in the event that he does want to know about the CHA FAQ, I note that :

Ten or twelve years ago there was an X-10 FAQ associated with this newsgroup, but as best I recall, there was never an authoritative, general HA FAQ. Several lists and pointers to other HA FAQs have also been posted in comp.home.automation over the years including to FAQs on commercial sites.

Some other 'old' FAQ sites are still around, in varying states of outdated info and broken links, eg:

formatting link
formatting link

Some are primarily portals to steer retails customers to sellers, eg:

formatting link
While not a FAQ per se, do visit:

formatting link

if you haven't already. It is up to date and has sections that focus on How-To and can be searched for specific questions or technology.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newshub.sdsu.edu!news.linkpendium.com!news.linkpendium.com!news.zytor.com!not-for-mail

It's unclear whether Keith is asking about comp.home.automation or comp.lang.c because he asked the question in CHA but set the Follow-up-To to CLC. But in the event that he does want to know about the CHA FAQ, I note that :

Ten or twelve years ago there was an X-10 FAQ associated with this newsgroup, but as best I recall, there was never an authoritative, general HA FAQ. Several lists and pointers to other HA FAQs have also been posted in comp.home.automation over the years including to FAQs on commercial sites.

Some other 'old' FAQ sites are still around, in varying states of outdated info and broken links, eg:

formatting link
formatting link

Some are primarily portals to steer retails customers to sellers, eg:

formatting link
While not a FAQ per se, do visit:

formatting link

if you haven't already. It is up to date and has sections that focus on How-To and can be searched for specific questions or technology.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.