Online Service to "Simulate/Forward" Ports

Hi,

I am behind a firewall. However, with my basic-ish knowledge I (think I) know that two way communication is possible from behind a firewall (messaging, file-sharing etc.). I'm not quite sure how this works (maybe something to do with a PUSH request... like I have to initiate the connection? Anyway... thay's not my main question.)

Is the following senario possible:

Me (behind a firewall), and another computer (not behind a firewall). People connect to the other computer on some open port, but then that computer sends that "information" to my computer (through an already established connection) and then my computer acts as though the "information" was sent directly to it (possibly requiring some sort of software).

Essentially I think I'm asking is there any way for a computer outside the firewall to act as a router to my computer... assuming I have complete control over that computer and my computer, i.e. can install any software on it, but no control over the firewall.

Also, if this is possible... is there some sort of company offering this service?

Michal.

Reply to
Michal
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.