How to forward ports on linksys WRT54GC

Hi,

I am not sure how port forwarding works on my linksys router. I want all incoming connections on external ip on port 80 to be forwarded to internal ip of a computer in my network on port 8988 ?

To achieve this I went to the Applications and Gaming tab | Port Range Forwarding and entered the following and saved

Applcation Name Start ~ End Port Protocol To IP Address Enabled Web 8988 ~ 8988 TCP 192.168.1.102 checked

and then to Applications and Gaming tab | Port Range Triggering an saved

Application Triggerred Range Forwarded Range Enabled Web 80 ~ 80 8988 ~ 8988 checked

This allows me to log on to my website through port 8988 but not through 80 ? Any ideas how to configure this box ??

TIA Michal

Reply to
mikeeria
Loading thread data ...

From a quick look at the manual it will not achieve what you wish to do. It appears to be only capable of "Port Range" forwarding and you need to be able to carry out single port forwarding or "Port redirection".

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.