multiple office vpn question

I have a need to connect several offices together. For simplicity we'll say that there is a server at the main office and some clients and printers at the branch offices. I basically need a vpn where all offices are on the same network. They will connect to the server from branch offices but the server has to be able to print at remote office locations so connections will have to be made to/from branch and main office. I am leaning toward hardware vpn appliances because they already have a Sonic Wall SOHO3 for internet sharing. We would like to put more SOHO3's at each branch location.

For this type of setup, does there have to be some sort of master vpn gateway that manages connections between all of the vpn applianices? Would a SOHO3 be suitable to connect all offices together?

Reply to
jimb6942
Loading thread data ...

It does, (may need to upgrade the license - the poster did not say what version soho3 they had)

BUT, the soho 3 is from the previous generation of Sonic Boxes. Expect it to be EOL'ed very soon. Also I never did consider the sonic soho series boxes to be very good quality (very common to have problems with the externalk power brick that would make the unit lock up) The pro series are another story.

If they want to stick with sonic, i'd say ditch the soho3 altogether and get a pro2040 for each location. and get the enhanced OS!!!!!

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

So, you need the following - more of a start config:

Main office can access all remote offices Remote offices can access all of main office Remote offices can not access other remote offices

This is common with a VPN Setup, and most hardware firewall appliances that support the branch office structure support this.

I do not know if the SOHO3 supports your need.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.