Help with uninstalled Norton?

My brother has a new laptop which came with Norton security ready to install but he never completed the installation. It has XP Pro and when he tries to share files, the laptop cannot see his other computers (pinging succeeds but they don't show up in network places). When I go to the "Security Center" in his control panel, it says that the "Firewall is ON" but when I Check the Windows Fire- wall settings, it is turned off.

I went into services and turned off every- thing associated with Norton (which shouldn't be there uness it partially installed, should it?) but the security center still shows the Firewall as "on".

Is there some way to shut down Norton's Firewall without having to install it first?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Reply to
tcp-ip_newbie
Loading thread data ...

In news:Xns99F65D3C1DC73tcpipnewbie@127.0.0.1, tcp-ip snipped-for-privacy@noemail.invalid decided to say:

I would uninstall using their software:

formatting link

Reply to
NoOneSpecial

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.