Free Firewall question

Is there a free firewall that will allow me to internet share between two computers? Thanks, Dave...

Reply to
denglish48060
Loading thread data ...

Yes, but they can be configured to *allow* file sharing; some easier than others.

Reply to
optikl

Firewall don't do internet sharing they block ports!

Windows comes with Internet sharing built in for free or look for a free Proxy server they do internet sharing!

Reply to
Adrian

Not a firewall, a proxy. Try Freeproxy from

formatting link

Reply to
Mike

Well no a pure firewall can not it only blocks, what it blocks is dependant on its type and its rule set.

The confusion comes because many Proxies include firewall and visa versa also many people think that NAT constitutes a firewall it does not, but often firewalls use NAT.

Reply to
Adrian

Yup..

"IpCop"'s pretty good. It's a small easy-to-use linux distribution that you can install on a 2-NIC, old PC. Mine runs on a 486-66 with 20Mb HD and 32Mb ram that I rescued from the loft. Works fine.

formatting link
Chris

--

formatting link
- Free, GPL Iptables packet matching language for writing your own filters. Or: use pre-supplied ones for matching P2P procotols like Bittorrent and/or Gnutella.

Reply to
Chris Lowth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.