Cisco Pix and FTP server

We need help to configure a cisco pix firewall to conect to my ftp server in the lan, i create a static rule and a access-list from the outside.but i can't conect.

Any Idea??

Thanks in advance

Reply to
dospedres
Loading thread data ...

comp.dcom.sys.cisco is a better place for PIX advice.

There are a number of possible causes for what you describe. We need to know the PIX software version, the static rule, the access-list contents, the access-group statement, any applicable protocol inspection statements, and whether you are using passive or active ftp. Also, it would help if you were to push your logging level up to 6 and to present the relevant log messages.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

You may wish to investigate the Cisco PIX 501 Firewall Config Template:

formatting link
and Cisco PIX VPN GUI Config:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cisco routers use TFTP protocoll instead of FTP. Try install in your network TFTP server & connect to it.

Loki

dospedres wrote:

Reply to
Loki

The Cisco PIX is not a router: it is a firewall. The OP is trying to configure FTP through the firewall (from outside) to something inside.

By the way, PIX 7.0 and later can configure via FTP.

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

FTP.http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_70/... I suggest you capture the traffic to see whats happening, do the following

# access-list test permit tcp any eq

21 # capture test access-list test interface outside # capture test1 access-list test interface inside

make an ftp attempt to connect

# show capture test { to see if the request packets hits the firewall external interface } # show capture test1 { to see if the packet leaves the firewall inside interface to the ftp server }

you may then check for return traffic to confirm a complete tcp handshake occurs or not.

ref.

formatting link

Reply to
sherthevog

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.