Bypass SMC Router Firewall?

Hi!

I rented a floor in a house owned by a married couple. I use their internet connection which they share through an SMC7004AWBR Router.

Now they just plugged in the cable, and the router seems to work, they named their Wireless Network, but didn't enable WEP.

Now I asked them of them, the password for the router, for port forwarding purposes, and to atleast enable WEP. They can't seem to find/figure out how to get the password again.

Now I'm behind a router, which I can't portforward, which really sucks?

I want like to be able to use torrents, hosting games, and a lot more?

Is there any way I can bypass this builtin NAT-Firewall?

I have tried to find the default router password which does not work, also I have tried to search like something with Password Cracker for Routers etc. (I'm not doing anything illegal here since they have allowed me to get the password if they could FIND it!!).

I heard something about tunneling, is that something I can use to pass this damn firewall, or is there no hope at all?

Now I just figure out as a last oppurtunity to ask them to reset the router, but now they are out travelling for 3 weeks, and I need to be able to portforward or atleast beable to bypass the firewall within 3 weeks.

I would REALLY appreciate some kind of advice of what to do. I have not physical access to the router, since it is placed on their floor, and it's locked (cause they are out travelling).

Thanks,

David

And I'm sorry for my english :) Hope it's understandable.

Reply to
dvbahr
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: I have tried to find the default router password which does not work, : also I have tried to search like something with Password Cracker for : Routers etc. (I'm not doing anything illegal here since they have : allowed me to get the password if they could FIND it!!).

I think the only solution here is either to find the password or resetting the router to factory defaults. This might mean that the internet connection config (if located on this device) is lost.

Many SMC routers will reset factory defaults if powering up with the reset button pushed for 8-10 seconds.

Hmm.. A quick search and here's the User Manual:

formatting link
Lars

Reply to
larstr

You're out of luck. When they get back, if they get back, then the suggestion here would be to open up the manual for the router and read it. The manual will tell you everything you need to know.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.