Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fortinet Routing Issue
I have a Fortinet Fortigate-100A and believe this is stopping access to one of our remote networks (when connecting onto the network via a Cisco VPN). Our VPN comes in via ADSL (Cisco 800 modem), is...

Negate Rule Not Working Firewall-1
Let's say you have three DMZ networks on Firewall-1, and you create three network objects corresponding to these three networks: 10.10.10.0 10.10.11.0 10.10.12.0 You then create a group named...

Can anyone help me set up a CensorNet content filtering box on my network?
Hi there, I need to set up some kind of internet filtering and reporting on my home network. I use a DSL modem and a Belkin wireless/wired router. I have both wired and wireless clients. I have...

expert question on packetshaper 1500 in "monitor only"-mode
I'm planning on buying a second-hand Packeteer packetshaper 1500. Such packetshaper (1500) normally has a limit of 2 Mbps for DL speeds. Does anyone know when you put it in between your LAN and your...

Firewall Management
Hello, I would appreciate any comments on firewall management. I recently have been faced with the choice between paying for a firewall management service at $1000+ in setup costs and $175 / month...

SETUP STATIC ENTRY FOR HOST BEHIND PIX
Hi, The current Network looks like this>>>> PIX --------- Server 1 | --------- Server 2 | | Switch 1 ------------ Multiple Hosts ------------ Host AS500 Currently the PIX has static statements and...

Looking for a Watchguard Firebox x700 consultant
To help set up a secondary box as a failover machine. The documentation is cryptic and we're a bit under the gun. Willing to pay a reasonable hourly rate.

Load balancing con 2 linee adsl
Ciao. Ho due line adsl. Le due linee ha due indirizzamenti ip diversi. Ho bisogno fare in modo che la prima linea vada in backup sulla seconda in caso di problematiche. La seconda linea comunque mi...

Watchguard Firebox X1000 + ADSL + VPN = Connection failure
Hello, First of all I'm not familiar with Watchguard X1000 system forehand. Mobile VPN client is previously installed on my desktop (WinXP), then I connection via GPRS line that works just fine. After...

Zywall 5 Setup - Newbie Question
Hi, Please pardon my newbie question as I have no previous experience in configuring the firewall. We recently purchased a ZyWall 5, with the intention to prevent malicious attacks. We currently host...

Network Setup
Hi Guys, Imagine a brand new hosting requirement in an established hosting environment customer wants a separte network not touching the existing infrastructure. Customer wants to host webserver,...

Outpost firewall prob when shutting down PC (XP SP2)
I use Outpost firewall on a XP SP2 system (NOD 32 as antivir soft). When I shut down the PC I see a message telling "do you want to stop Outpost service....." and both if I say yes or not the comp...

Zone Alarm & Skype
I have ZoneAlarm V 6.5.731.000 (Free version, not the Pro) and Windows XP. I am not able to get Skype to work with it. Skype works fine when ZoneAlarm is shutdown. But when ZonaAlarm is running, it...

How do I upgrade the IOS on a Cisco Pix firewall from 4.4 to 6.3?
Hi Everyone, The very first time I saw a Cisco Pix firewall was three days ago when my boss put one on my desk and asked me to upgrade it to 6.35. I have managed to deduce that it is currently running...

What version of ZOneAlarm fastest with XP SP2
Today I use 6.1.744, but I often see advices in discussions about using older version (like 4.5.594) is much faster even with XP and that the security is just as good (I have a router with a firwall...