Traffic filtering on HP Procurve

Hi all, I have an HP Procurve 4104gl that's the central node of the enterprise network. There's a department in my enterprise which is somehow independent, and basically they do what they want. I don't care too much about what they do, apart from their dhcp server, which I don't want "my" users to use (I want to configure my own one). How can I drop dhcp packets passing by that port on the switch?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
~matteo
Loading thread data ...

Based on my reading of the data sheet, I'm not sure the 4104 has the capability to do what you are looking for. You could try asking your question on

formatting link
is a forum focused on Procurve.

Anoop

Reply to
anoop

One possibility for providing the isolation is to put the indepedent department on its own VLAN and route between that department and everyone else. This assumes that the department communicates with everyone else using only IP.

Anoop

Reply to
anoop

This sounds like what should really be separate subnets. You want a router between the two nets, not a switch. Routers won't pass DCHP requests unless DHCP forwarding is turned on.

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.