VPN address pool disappears from PDM

I am configuring a PIX 501 device. What I've done many times on many other PIXes is creating an IP pool in order to assign a range of addresses for clients connecting via VPN. My usual procedure using the PDM was:

1) Create a pool named VPNPool with an address of 192.168.40.248-192.168.40.251 2) Create a policy to allow traffic from the inside network 192.168.40.0/24 to the outside 192.168.40.248/30 3) Configuring the Cisco VPN Client tab

Here comes the trouble: On all other times I configured a pix the name of the pool appeared on the host/networks and it was not modifiable. Now, instead, as soon as I create the policy I'm asked to create a name (with requests to route it) and as soon as I apply the policy the IP pool I created disappears from the IP pool window under VPN. The PDM has a warning stating that the pdm does not understand the command ip local pool VPNPool VPNPool-192.168.40.251

What is going wrong? I've done this dozens of times on 515E and 506E models. Is it a problem of the 501? I've read somewhere that there's a problem when the address pool overlaps the inside network range, but I never had a problem using this method on all other configuration. Thanks for your help

Reply to
dbwmn2001
Loading thread data ...

Do you have

name 192.168.40.248 VPNPool

If yes, you might want to remove it.

Reply to
Jyri Korhonen

Reply to
dbwmn2001

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.