setting up address translation rule in PDM

Hi: I posted the "static routing question" but probably didn't give enough information.

I'm trying to add an Address Translation Rule to take https traffic from the outside IF and route it to a specific IP on the inside interface, using the PDM 3.0 on a Pix 506e.

I specify the original host/network as:

IF: inside IP address: 192.168.0.100 Mask: 255.255.255.255

and set "translate address on interface" to:

IF: Outside Static IP Address: Interface IP "Redirect Port" is checked TCP is checked Original Port: 443 Translated Port: 443

When I click "OK" I get a popup "Overlaping/Redundant translation rule" "This static port mapping translation rule is overlapping with a dynamic address translation for inside: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0(any) uing global pool 1. Do you still wish to proceed?"

"global pool 1" is a VPN pool

I click "stop" at this point for fear of mucking something up...what do I need to do to set this up correctly?

Reply to
cisco
Loading thread data ...

Hope you are having access-list defined on inside interface. Did you tried static nat for this. as you mention you want all Https traffic o redirect to 192.168.0.100 Try below command static (inside,outside) tcp interface 443 192.168.0.100 443 netmask

255.255.255.255 0
Reply to
CK

The message is normal, select proceed and create the ACL for the traffic.

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.