Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

under attack!!!! need help.
Guys, We have a class B subnet with about 100 active class C networks in 20 different VLANs being routed by a cisco 6509 (sup 720 running IOS). Cisco is routing for all these vlans with a default...

Simple Cisco 1841 router configuration has bad latency on one side.
I don't know much about routers but we have one setup to bridge two subnets. Our office side is at 172.16.1.1 and our test area is at 172.56.0.1. If I ping the router on our side at 172.16.1.1 it's...

ip address <interface> dhcp setroute
Hi all, On a PIX 501 I have the command "ip address Internet dhcp setroute" on the outside interface. However, when the PIX reboots, I won't get the IP address back. I have to log on from the inside...

finding mac addresses
I am wondering if there is a fast way to interrogate the cam tables on the catalyst 3750 switch stacks. I am trying to find around 100 mac address to find out what ports they map too and i need to do...

VLAN Questions
I'm in the process of creating VLAN 2 on a 2950 to give guest computers on ports 9-12 Internet access but so they can't get to any other corporate resources. These computers will get their IP address...

Creating Subnets, DHCP Relay, Catalyst 6000, PIX, Catalyst 2948/2924
Hello All, Fairly new to Cisco administering here and need some guidance on segmenting traffic on our flat network. Scenario: Internet Cisco 1800 router PIX Catalyst 6000 Catalyst 2948 and 2924 We're...

How to determine IOS feature set version?
Good afternoon all, I am trying to upgrade my 3640 router to a later IOS version due to the recent vulnerabilities, but I am not sure which version to use. Not the overall IOS version, but the...

Multiple crypto maps on a 3825 router interface
Here's my problem. I used to have two routers connect via T1. To back up the T1, I had a tunnel running between the two routers on their Internet-facing ethernet ports. This worked fine; if the T1...

cisco 2621 IMA
First question. Can the cisco 2621 IMA to true ATM switching between the four ports? If so, do any have a sample of how the config would look? I am looking bring in two ATM T1 bonded then send a third...

Restrictied Privilege Level
I want to create a privilege level that would allow any user associated with that privilege level to be able to do anything on the router that a level 15 user could do *except* any manipulation of...

Failover route to frame
I am trying to find the best way to failover my internet connections. I have two networks that both have an internet connection (completely different ISPs for redundancy). At each location we have a...

ios on diferent platform
Hy! Does anybody tried cisco ios on diferent platform? Like 2600 ios on 2500 router or something. If does what is hapened? thanks!

cisco access point 1200 support
Hi, I have one query please give me the soluation I had configured the Cisco 1200 series access point with WAP and Mac address filtering .customer bought a wireless printer hp office jet 7408...

Re:IPv6 Default Router List
In IPv6 environment,when we have many routers sending out router advertisements,one of these routers will be configured as the default router. When this default router is removed from the network,how...

communicating with the same security level.
i have one pix ver 6.3 . there has two interface with same security level