Help with cisco router configuration?

I bought a cisco router from a friend but i dont know much about networking... Can someone give me a few tips? I am a student intern at a company that uses cisco routers so this might be useful one day.

First of all i just want to do something simple then expand later. I would like to have 4 computers share one internet conection...

I use comcast cable DSL...so here is what i have right now... I talked to some people for help but i am not sure if this is correct.

I will comment my question below....

ip subnet-zero ! ip dhcp pool DHCP import all network 67.183.57.121 255.255.248.0

Reply to
nordies_1999
Loading thread data ...

You can setup your router as a DSL router. Configure the ethernet interface that faces Comcast an DHCP address and then configure the ethernet interface that faces your LAN with an address from the RFC1918 reserved pools (e.g.

10.0.0.0, 172.16.0.0, 192.168.0.0).

If you can get yourself another router and a pair of T1 WICs then you can really play with some interesting stuff like routing protocols, serial encapsulations, etc. Also a Cisco fast ethernet switch would be good so that you can play with span-tree, vlans, etc.

Reply to
jdsal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.