Qwest Refuses Customer Service

Just called Qwest to order DSL on AUG 30 2:50. I was told that I can't have DSL service in my area because all lines have already been leased. So, no DSL for anyone in my area, but just recently our friends ordered DSL and they just live a few miles away.

I thought Microsoft obtained Qwest or owns part of it and they can't afford leased lines when I'm paying the charges??

Trying to dump Comcast but the phone companies refused to help and give service to there customers. This is crap!

Reply to
emp
Loading thread data ...

Miles?

You need a more thorough understanding of how aDSL is provisioned. (Just my opinion, mind you.)

Reply to
Kay Archer

I am a former victim of Qworst in Tucson, AZ. I moved into a house where the previous residents had had DSL service, so I figured I woulod be able to get DLS with no problem. I was wrong. Qworst claimed that the line leading to my house was not good enough for DSL. I asked how this was possible since the previous residents had had DSL service. Qworst said that, after the previous residents turned off their phone service, they had taken the wire pair that used to go to my house and patched it into someone else's house (presumably one of my neighbors who also wanted DSL). My pair now had some sort of transformer that interferes with DSL frequencies.

Qworst was perfectly happy to run a brand new line to my house for ISDN, however (cable modem was not yet available in that neighborhood). The technician who came to install it was actully pretty competent - I guess the cream of the Qworst crop are the ones they send to install ISDN. I moved away before I got around to trying this, but my theory is that if they install an ISDN line you can later have them convert it to DSL.

BTW, I did manage to get Qworst DSL at my next house. I'll spare you the details, but they turned my service off TWICE due to their utter incompetence. Each time it took about a month to get it turned back on; despite the fact that they acknowledged it was 100% their fault, they refused to expedite repairs.

Bottom line, Qwest blows dead bears. If you can possibly swing it, get a cable modem instead of Qworst DSL. If you're truly desperate, however, have Qworst install an ISDN line and then have them convert it into a standard analog phone line with DSL.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.