Problems with Verizon DSL and VPN connection

I have am having some trouble with my Verizon DSL and VPN connection. I can connect to the VPN, however when i try using one of our programs that grabs files over the network or access our UNIX server from a telnet software it doesn't bring up what i need.

Also when i'm on the VPN i try to get to websites but it doesn't work. It says its found the site but doesn't download or bring anything up. I've tried going into Comman Prompt and ping web address and servers and i get a reply.

But i just doens't seem to work in IE, custom made software from work, or UNIX telnet. I use to have comcast and it worked just fine but i recently moved and no longer can get it. I've already formatted and reinstalled the VPN software and XP Pro. Still not having any luck.

I will soon be trying RasPPPOE software see if that fixes it rather than the software Verzion sent me.

Can any one offer any other suggestions for me.

Thanks

Reply to
demowry
Loading thread data ...

Contact Verizon's Online department. Ask them to send you an envelope with Verizon's return address on a shipping label. Put the modem you got from Verizon into a box, bring it to the next UPS drop box (shipping is prepaid by Verizon) and send the junk back for good.

Reply to
biggerdigger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.