Netopia 3347W-ENT NTP

If you want to skip this preamble and get right to my question, head for the end of this post.

I'm new to the Netopia line of products so I've been having "fun" tinkering with this unit. One thing I noticed comparing the menued UI to the output from the CLI command "show config" is that the UI doesn't provide a means to indicate whether or not daylight savings time applies to the time zone. The CLI command for setting this is:

ip ntp daylightsavings { yes | no }

By default it is set to "no."

It appears to be undocumented. I've scoured the CLI documentation, the Firmware User Guide and the Getting Started Guide yet to find anything. I've tried getting an answer from Netopia via their "free email support" but their response never addressed the question posed. (Based on my experience with their support to-date, they really want to push a support contract and, in actually speaking with their Tier 2 support, it turns out their 1-year technical support that was supposed to be included with a new purchase has been drastically reduced to 15 days effective very recently!)

[Get ON with it already!]

Changing it from the default of "no" to "yes" has the desired effect (at least for now) of adjusting the time zone +1:00 but there are a couple of questions I seek answers for.

• Does this feature automatically revert to timezone +0:00 at 02:00 on the last Sunday of October and readjust to timezone +1:00 at 02:00 on the first Sunday of April? (normal US DST/ST cycle)

• Now that the US Congress has passed the Energy Policy Act of 2005 extending Daylight Savings Time (effective March 2007 daylight time in the US will begin on the second Sunday in March and end on the first Sunday in November; see
    formatting link
    shall we anticipate a firmware upgrade that will accommodate this some time in the not-too-distant future?

Reply to
MyndPhlyp
Loading thread data ...

For anybody interested I managed to get Netopia to answer after a little persuasion.

The "ip nat daylightsavings yes" command only changes the offset +1:00. It does not operate according to any daylight savings time scheme and Netopia has no intention (at this time) of changing it.

Reply to
MyndPhlyp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.