Linsys with 5 static ip addresses. How to configure?

I have a quick question as a newbie about networking, that I was hoping someone might be able to help out with.

I have recently upgraded my DSL service with MNSI.NET (Toronto, Canada) provider where they provide 6 static IP addresses (1 for router + 5 for other machines).

My plan is to run 4 Windows 2003 Standard Edition webservers (4 different computers).

Problem is that I have no idea how to setup and configure my Linksys WRT54GS router.

This is my setup:

- DSL modem plugged into Linksys router

- 4 cables out from router to my 4 computers.

- 1 ip address I've got from my provider to be used for router (216.x.xxx.184) and 5 others (216.x.xxx.185-190) for my webserver computers.

How do I setup my DSL router to assigns these static ip addresses to my server computers?

Currently, my router is setup as PPPoE and I am logging to my provider using a name and password. I use DHCP to assign ip addresses to my computers.

Using this setting my router assigned different local ip addresses to each server, but no matter from which server I access

formatting link
(service to find ip displayed to outside world), it shows the same ip address for all server: 216.x.xxx.185.

What do I have to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Enzo

Reply to
joe
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@doprocess.com wrote in news:1127322729.472743.31940 @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I'm not 100% sure but I think you need to manually assign the IP address and subnet mask (and maybe DNS addresses) to each computer and then put each computer into the DMZ on your router. At that point your router is just acting as a switch. Also turn off DHCP on the router.

Reply to
Some One

You may not be able to. I haven't read the docs on this router but Linksys is a consumer brand and I've yet to see a consumer router support multiple static IP setups.

But I may be wrong.

Reply to
David Ross

Turn off NAT.

DS

Reply to
David Schwartz

LOL...4 web servers on 1 DSL connect with an upload of what? 800k? Don't expect too much traffic. Your web servers will be like connecting to dial-up.

Dump the residential class rotuer, it' won't handle it. Get a switch and put the 4 web servers on the switch and do the PPPoe on each server to get the 1 of 6 statics directly on the systems.

Good Luck Bill

Reply to
Bill

I really don't think this:

will be a possibility with the IP assignments he has.

Reply to
David Ross

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.