Fight back: Join together to oppose Verison's blocking of non US sites

I think it is time that we organize to get Verizon to rescind the policy of blocking non-US sites. Please see my message on

0.verizon.email.discussion-general called Fight back: Join together to oppose Verison's blocking of non US sites and take action.
Reply to
Marilyn & Bob
Loading thread data ...

Yeah Baby !

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Why do you think they block non-U.S. sites?

Reply to
Alan

Verizon uses "sender verification". Office this bounces legitimate email. Many non-US email systems are not implementing the protocol(s) needed for sender verification therefore, effectively, those non-US email servers are blocked.

Verizon's implementation of sender verification has been flawed since its initial implementation. They have mistakenly blocked legitimate email from the .GOV and .MIL Domains !

Reply to
David H. Lipman

I apologize for my poor wording in the referral message. Verizon is blocking e-mail, not websites. What Verizon has been doing for the past few weeks is blocking e-mail originating from all/most/many? continental European (.uk seems to get through) and Asian servers. This is apparently done by IP address and is a new problem, separate from the Sender Verification thing that they have been doing for the past year and a half. They have not made any mention of this policy change on their website (and BTW, they have also removed the Sender Verification announcement on their site as well), so it is not clear exactly what they are blocking, but some people have reported that none of their mail is getting through from anywhere on continental Europe, and Verizon tech support admits that they are deliberately blocking the mail, but refuses to do anything about it.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

I am a reporter working on a story about Verizon's email blocking, which I have verified with the company. Please email if you would like to discuss your problems with Verizon. Thank you!

john

Marilyn & Bob wrote:

sender

apparently

Reply to
jggsf

Please post your affiliation.

WHO are you and WHY should any Verizon subscriber communicate with you.

You need to provide bona fide proof of news organization affiliation.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

David, That is a pretty nasty response. Why should we not initially trust this person? In any case, I will give him my address, and ask him for more information. If he gives it to me I will post his message on the verizon boards.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

Fair enough.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

David, your response is not nasty. If someone wants info, s/he should clearly identify who s/he is.

Reply to
karl

Thank you fellow Verizon user.

BTW: Bob did not post referenced information on Verizon's private News Space.

There is information that a Class Action suit has been filed on the subject matter.

formatting link

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.