Can somebody tell me how packets will be forwarded from PC <-> switch <-> DSL <-> ISP

When I subscribe DSL/Cable mdoedm, I have two or more hosts connected to my router, router to DSL modem/Cable modem, then to DSLAM in exchange, then to BRAS or Router?. How all these packets moves back and forth, also how the each end host receives correct info back when multiple hosts connected?. Which layer keeps track of all these these things.

Reply to
santa19992000
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :When I subscribe DSL/Cable mdoedm, I have two or more hosts connected :to my router, router to DSL modem/Cable modem, then to DSLAM in :exchange, then to BRAS or Router?. How all these packets moves back and :forth, also how the each end host receives correct info back when :multiple hosts connected?. Which layer keeps track of all these these :things.

Your router is performing Network Address Translation (NAT). To the world, your entire group of machines looks like one machine -- the router itself. To your machines, the router looks like the world. For more info, here's a place to get started:

formatting link

Reply to
Robert Nichols

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.