Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

slow network
I have setup a home network with a wireless asdl router and wireless laptop + a wireless have a great connection to router & internet,but when I try to send or copy and paste files from 1 computer to...

newbie question re printer
I have 3 pcs that share net access - 2 wirelessly. In order for them all to share the printer that is connected to the main pc, what other equipment do i need? Is it just a wireless print server or do...

Questions about repeating neighbor's wireless network in my house
My neighbor has a cable modem, Linksys router, and Linksys WAP11 AP. With his permission, I can access his network with my PCs. However, the signal strength is rather low. I have a Linksys WAP11 and a...

USR54116 problems
Hi, I am trying to set up a network using a USR 8054 Router and a USR 5416 wireless NIC, Every thing went well the my wireless NIC stopped (went Red) I get an error message saying "wireless network...

tri-band WAP with a print server?
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:25:31 GMT, Lucas Tam <> wrote: I'm still trying to find a low-end a/b/g router that interfaces with cable modems and includes a print server. My old DI-713P ("P" for print...

TechTV segment on increasing router range?
Some time ago there was a segment on TechTV about how to increase the power output of a wireless router. The mod was done by adjusting some value on the management interface of the router. Does anyone...

Newbie question regarding SSID
Hi all, I very new to networking and I am having trouble getting my two computers to work together. My first question relates to SSID. I saw this information on a web site. (Apologies to the author as...

getting faint signal need to rebroadcast it
hi everyone here's the situatoin i am getting a faint signal on the balcony of my apartment which is right on the beach. when there is humidity the signal gets stronger, when we have less humidity the...

G604T firmwear
Hi. I have a D-Link G604T ADSL wireless rooter. I can't seem to get the firmwear to upgrade. Has anyone got this rooter and had similar problems? If I go into the management browser, and go to the...

wep
anyone know where to find wep decryption software for windows or linux?

Is D-Link Crap?
opinions?

Can I make kids pc only get my Wifi and not neighbors?
I have a Linksys wireless G router and my kids have Linksys wireless USB adapters. They always pick up my neighbor's signal instead of mine. I want to be able to shut off their web access when I am...

Wireless Linux Questions
Hello, Have not used Linux in years, I have a Laptop with RedHat 9, I have a couple different wireless cards, Linksys WUSB11 USB and a notebook adapter and a D-Link DWL-122 Is there an easy way to...

LinkSys BEFW11S4 and D-Link DWL-800AP+
Has anyone used the Linksys BEFW11S4 and the D-Link DWL-800AP+ with success? My Linksys has been in use for over a year now but I have a need now to access the InterNet from a location near my home. I...

WG511T <> 3CRPAG175 and WEP
In short I made following experience: Connecting the 2 PC cards Netgear WG511T and 3COM 3CRPAG175 in Ad-hoc-mode with G or B only and with WEP enabled didn't function. The cards where used with the...