Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless AP's query?
I know this is an odd request, and I don't know if i'm in the correct group, but i'm trying to plan out a wireless network - can anyone answer the following question? Indoors, in an open space 802.11g...

Cheap Laptops Guide - How to Buy Brand New Laptop Computers for Cheap
Laptop computers are so essential these days for most people. Buying a good laptop should be a priority for almost anybody. But since technology keeps changing so fast, any laptop computer you buy...

WiFi Direction and Locator
I need a simple way to find wifi locations in my RV. I need this to be very directional and not connected to my laptop. (I have a high-powered Buffalo wifi card in my laptop and a very...

ZyAir 2000 G Does it support VPN ?
Can I use a VPN connection with a wireless connection through this router ? (Vpn passthrough) G-2000 Plus v2 Focused on innovation and customer-centricity, Zyxel Communications connects people to the...

More control over my RangeMax router
We have a whole house network with a FutureSmart distribution panel and a Netgear WPN824 router. I need more access control than the firmware seems to give. For instance: - I can set up a schedule for...

Fon and TW
we say hacking galore? http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FON_TIME_WARNER?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

newbie - how to change WP key index in MS XP Home?
Some time ago I set up a home network and chose WEP key index 3. I set up a few PC and laptops including one that runs Microsoft XP Home. Now I have a device that won't let me specify the WEP key...

How to allow only internet access to wireless clients?
We have Two computers, a wireless router and want to allow wireless internet access. How do we keep the wireless users out of the server and workstation?

Wireless channels
Hi I have a wireless network setup and having problems with connecting my wireless radio. I was advised to find out how many competing networks are in the air, and on which channels? Also how do I...

OT: long range cordless analog phone needed
Can anyone here recommend a good long-range cordless telephone? I've used the Engenius SN920 before, but honestly I was not able to get much better distance than with a standard cordless. I need one...

Linksys wrt300n config and bt homehub settings
Hi, I am trying to configure the linksys wrt300n router. I use BT homehub and am not sure if BT uses a static IP or dynamic Ip addressing. I found my IP but i do not know how to find out the subnet...

Airport and Windows
I've got an Airport Extreme base station that was given to me, with the power cord, software disc, and paperwork. The only thing missing seems to the be wall mount adapter. Not a problem. I've...

Tried Netgear HomePlug -- no workie yet
After seeing many recommendations here for the HomePlug solution to link two machines, I got a pair of Netgear XE103 boxes to see if they would work better than my WAP54G/WPC54G wireless link. So I...

WISP in Colorado
I live in a house that has a square antenna on the side. I was told it was used for some wireless internet. Lots of houses in our neighborhood have them. I was wondering if anyone has a list of WISP...

Open wireless access but protect wired server and client?
Wireless router and wired XP server and client. Want to enable my customers access to internet with THEIR laptops but keep them out of the wired computers. How to do this?